Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
Crunchy broccoli with tender and juicy beef, immersed in deep garlicky fragrance and savory flavors! A classic comfort dish that everyone wants to enjoy. Want to know what compliments this amazing main course? It’s perfect with warm rice.
Usually, flank steak is used to make the broccoli and beef is stir fried due to it’s strong, aromatic flavors. Such a Chinese dish is wholesome, enjoyable and pleasant for your taste buds. Simple and bold ingredients further increasing the Asian flavors. Crunchy broccoli, tender meat immersed in garlicky sauce. A mouth watering dish you’ll surely enjoy.
- 2 pounds (750g) we;ll-marbled chuck roast steak, 2 inches thick
- 1 head (383g) broccoli, chopped into large florets
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly minced
- 1 tablespoon (15g) ginger, roughly diced
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) peanut oil
- Black pepper, salt, and brown sugar to taste
Ingredients for Stock
- 1 cup (250ml) unsalted chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) light soy sauce (not low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) dark soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon (7.5ml) oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat the pressure cooker up to medium heat.
- Now, prepare the ingredients while the pressure cooker is being heated. The ingredients are broccoli chopped in large florets, 4 garlic cloves roughly minced and 15g ginger roughly diced.
- Now, brown the chuck steak. Season one of the sides of the chuck steak lightly with salt and black pepper. Add 15ml peanut oil in the pressure cooker and make sure that the oil covers the bottom of the pot. Now, carefully place the seasoned side of the steak in the pressure cooker. Slightly season the other side with salt and black pepper. Brown each side for 7 minutes without flipping. After browning, put the steak aside on a cutting board.
- Now, prepare the chicken stock. During the browning process of the steak, mix 30ml soy sauce, 15ml dark soy sauce, 7.5ml oyster sauce, 1tsp five spice powder, 1/4tsp sesame oil and 250 ml unsalted chicken stock in a glass measuring cup.
- For sauteeing the garlic, add the diced ginger and minced garlic to the pressure cooker. Saute for 90 seconds. Don”t let the garlic burn.
- For deglazing the chicken stock mixture, pour it and then completely deglaze it by scrubbing the brown bits with wooden spoon. Turn of the heat to cut the chuck steak.
- After the deglazing, cut the steak in 1/8 inch pieces. Place these pieces and the meat juice in the pressure cooker. All the pieces are to be partially immersed within the liquid.
- Now, layer a stainless steel bowl filled with 230g rice. Add 250ml cold water in the rice bowl. Be sure that the rice are covered with water. Cook at high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Now, we prepare the thicken sauce. Mix cornstarch with water with in a mixing bowl. Mix it till the desired thickness is obtained.
- While the sauce is being prepared,partially submerge the broccoli florets in the sauce mixture in the pressure cooker. Close the lid and heat it for 3-3.5 minutes and check if it’s done. If not, then stir it. Taste and adjust the seasoning with spice powder or salt and also brown sugar if needed
- Now, serve the instant pot beef and broccoli.
For more instant pot recipes, visit http://iprecipesfinder.com/