Instant Pot Chicken Adobo
A dish having a burst of sweet and savory flavors and with a kick of spice. Tastes even better when served with rice. Having minimal preparing time and an easy to prepare dish. The bold flavors of the chicken increases the appetite even more. Comprising of simple and easily available ingredients. A perfect balance of the sweet and sourly flavors. Also, early marination is not necessary. A dish comprising of only two ingredients which can be enjoyed at any time of the day. Also, the guests will love this dish for sure. All the ingredients work perfectly with one another. This dish works greatly with rice. Served in a plate, the people will enjoy this dish
- 6 chicken drumsticks or 2 pounds chicken meat
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Green onions for garnishing purpose
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1 dried red chilli
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 1/4 cup filipino soy sauce
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black peppercorn
- 1/4 cup filipino vinegar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed
Optional ingredients are:
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Take a mixing bowl of medium size and then add filipino soy sauce, light soy sauce, filipino vinegar, fish sauce and vinegar one by one in the bowl. Mix all of the ingredients and form a uniform mixture.
- Take a pot and add oil into it. It should be noted that the pot should be filled with oil. Now, add chicken into the pot and brown it for 1-2 minutes with the skin side first. After browning the chicken, remove it from the pot. Remove the chicken carefully so that it doesn’t break. Now, simmer the sauce and add cornstarch in it and reduce the sauce. Heat it till it reduces its required concentration.
- After browning the chicken, sautee the garlic and onion in the pot till fragrant and a golden color appears on it. After the golden color has appeared on the mixture, add ground black peppercorn, red chili and bay leaves in to the pot and then saute the mixture for 30 seconds. Sauteing increases the taste. Also, sauted vegetables have a great taste.
- Add the sauce and then deglaze the pot with the help of a wooden spoon. Deglaze the pot completely. Deglazing of the pot increases the taste of dish. Which is why, it is an essential requirement for the dish.
- Now, add the drumsticks into the pot and then cook in the pressure cooker at high pressure for 9 minutes in an electric pressure cooker and then natural release for 5 minutes. Remove the lid carefully after natural release. Carefully remove the drumsticks from the pressure cooker. It is so that the drumsticks might break after cooking in the pressure cooker.
- After cooking, place the drumsticks on a serving plate, pour the sauce mixture and then add onions for garnishing purpose. Garnishing increases the aroma of the dish. Which is why, it is necessary.
- Eat along with your favorite side dishes. Also, it can be served with rice. Rice increases the taste of the dish.
- Enjoy with your friends!
For more instant pot recipes, visit http://iprecipesfinder.com/