Instant Pot Chicken Breast
A healthy dish consisting of comforting flavors which will surely amaze everyone. It comprises of simple and convenient ingredients easily available in the pantry. Also, it is very easy to prepare it in less than an hour. A dish which can also be served at any time of the day to any type of guest and they will surely love it. Tender and juicy chicken immersed in smooth and a flavorful homemade gravy which makes this dish even more appetizing.
- A pinch of dried thyme
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 – 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin or skinless
- 1 (200g) medium onion, diced
- A dash of sherry wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 (61g) stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Thickener: 2.5 tablespoons cornstarch + 3 tablespoons cold water
- First, prepare the pressure cooker. Heat up the pressure cooker. Ensure that the pot of the pressure cooker is as hot as it can be.
- While the pressure cooker is getting hot, prepare the chicken breasts. Pat the dry chicken breasts skin with the help of paper towels. Season it with black pepper and salt generously.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil in to the pot. Ensure that the bottom of the pot is completely covered with oil. Now, add the chicken breasts in the pot with the skin side downward. Be sure to not to overcrowd the pot. Now, season the meat side of the breast with salt and black pepper. Brown the skin side for about 3 1/2 minutes. First, the chicken will stick itself at the bottom but it release itself after 3 minutes. After the skin side is done, flip it and brown the meat side for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove it and set it aside.
- Now, sautee the onion and garlic. First, add diced onion in the the pressure cooker and sautee for 2.5 minutes until the onion becomes soft and lightly browned. Now, add minced garlic and sautee for another 30 seconds until fragrant. Season it with salt and black pepper. Season it till it becomes perfect.
- Now, sautee the celery and carrot. In the mixture of onion and garlic, add chopped celery and carrot. Sautee them till they become slightly brown. After they become slightly brown, an optional layer seasoning can also be added.
- Now, deglaze the pot. For that, add a dash of sherry wine in the pot and deglaze it by scrubbing the flavorful bits off the pot with the help of a wooden spoon.
- Now, pressure cook the chicken breasts. Add 1 cup of unsalted chicken stock, 1 bay leaf, pinch of salt, rosemary, thyme. Stir the mixture quickly and then add 2-4 chicken breasts on the top. Close the lid and pressure cook at high pressure for 5 minutes and then natural release for 10 minutes. Remove the lid carefully after the natural release is done.
- After the breasts are done, set them aside on a chopping board. Take a small mixing bowl and add 22.5g cornstarch and 3 tbsp cold water. Mix it one third at a time till desired thickness is obtained. Taste the gravy and season it with salt and black pepper if necessary.
- Slice the breasts and serve with the gravy.
- Eat and enjoy!
For more instant pot recipes, visit http://iprecipesfinder.com/