Instant Pot Lemon Chicken
Tender and moist chicken immersed in American Chinese flavors which makes a great combination of flavors with a sweet and sour honey lemon garlic chicken sauce. A dish convenient to prepare. Also, it has a little prep time. Pot chicken with a zest of lemon will surely be loved by everyone. A dish which can be served at anytime of the day . Your taste buds will fall in love with the tangy flavor of the lemon garlic sauce.
- 4 – 8 skin on chicken thighs, bone-in or boneless
- 1 lemon, slice half of the lemon & juice the other half
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Thickener: 2 ½ tablespoons (22.5g) cornstarch + 3 tablespoons (45ml) cold water
- Optional Garnish: Fresh rosemary
- 3 (10g) garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup unsalted chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons (42g) honey
- A pinch of dried rosemary
- A dash of shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- First of all, prepare the pressure cooker. Heat it up as much as you can. A hot pressure cooker gives best result.
- Now, prepare the chicken thighs. Pat dry the thighs with the help of dry towels. After they are dried properly, season them with a generous amount of salt and black pepper. Season it according to your taste
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil in the pressure cooker. Ensure that the bottom of the pot is covered with oil. Slightly heat the oil. After this, add 4 chicken thighs with the skin side down in the pressure cooker. Don’t overcrowd the pressure cooker. Season the meat side of the thigh with salt and ground black pepper. Brown the skin side for 4 minutes at least. After 4 minutes flip and brown the meat side for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove and set aside. Let the thighs cool for some time
- Now, add minced garlic in the cooker and sautee it for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Now deglaze the pot to get the flavorful bits. Add a dash shoaxing wine and deglaze it by scrubbing all the flavorful bits of the bottom of the pot with the help of a wooden spoon.
- Now, pressure cook the lemon chicken. Add 3/4 cup of unsalted chicken stock1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, lemon slices and a pinch of rosemary. Before adding the rosemary rub them with your fingers so that they become activated. Give it a quick stir and then add 4-8 browned chicken thighs on the top of the lemon slices. Cook the thighs at high pressure for 5 minutes and then natural release of 10 minutes. Turn of the heat and then remove the lid carefully.
- Now, thicken the gravy. After the thighs are done, set them aside. Add 3 tbsp honey. In a small mixing bowl, add 2.5 tbsp cornstarch with 3 tbsp cold water. Mix it one third at a time till the desired thickness is obtained. Taste the gravy and season it with salt and black pepper if necessary.
- Place the thighs in the plate and then add the drizzling lemon sauce on the chicken thighs and garnish them with optional fresh rosemary if needed.
- Eat and enjoy!
For more instant pot recipes, visit http://iprecipesfinder.com/