Instant Pot Mississippi Roast
One of the most popular recipes nowadays. Robin Chapman, the creator of this dish adapted a recipe with mild spices. Families are becoming obsessed with the combination of pepperoni and roasted beef which requires minimum preparation.
An extravagant bite that produces nothing less than a sensation in your mouth! It has very simple ingredients and great for weeknight dinners. Browned roast with different flavors adds more beauty to the dish. You can try it tonight and enjoy with your family or prepare it over the weekend for a special dinner you may be hosting. Here’s how to make this magical dish!
- 1 Ounce Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (dry)
- 1 Ounce package McCormick au jus gravy mix (dry)
- 3-4 Pounds roast, your choice of cut
- Stick butter
- Pepperoncini peppers as required.
- ¾ cup (188ml) unsalted chicken stock
- ~2 pounds well marbled chuck roast steak, 2 inches thick
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried drill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley lakes
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3 – 5 (45g – 70g) pepperonici peppers (as required)
- 1 teaspoon dried chives or fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Thickener: ¼ cup buttermilk + 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper according to need
- Heat up the pressure cooker as much as you can. Make sure that it is hot before the placement of the roast in the pot. A hot pressure cooker gives better result.
- Now, prepare the chuck roast. Pat it with a dry towel. When the pressure cooker is hot, season the chuck roast with salt and pepper. Use less amount than the usual for seasoning to get better result of the dish.
- Now, add 15ml olive oil in the pressure cooker. Make sure that whole of the bottom of the pot is covered with oil. Place the seasoned side of the roast in the pressure cooker. Season the other side with salt and pepper. Brown each side of the roast for 8 minutes without flipping. No flipping gives a better result.
- Now, add 188ml unsalted chicken stock and deglaze the bottom of the pot with the help of a wooden spoon. Make sure that the bottom is completely wet with the chicken stock.
- Mix 1 tsp onion powder, 1tsp garlic powder, 1tsp dried dill weed, 1tsp dried parsley flakes, and 1tsp fresh chives and then mix these well in proportion. Partially submerge chuck roast steak and add about 3-5 pepperonici peppers in the cooking liquid to increase the taste. Add the juice of the meat. Layer 63g unsalted butter on top of chuck roast steak. Cook in the pressure cooker at high pressure for about 45 minutes and then full natural release. Set the roast aside in a plate so that it cools down a bit.
- Now, separate the fat (for better taste) with a fat separator.
- Prepare the thicken sauce. For that, mix 18g cornstarch and 1/4 cup buttermilk and mix it in one third at a time till the desired thickness is obtained. Taste the sauce and season it with salt and pepper accordingly. Now, add the pressure cook cooled roast in the thickened sauce and place it in a plate.
- Serve the instant Mississippi pot roast with your favorite dishes.
- Eat and enjoy!
For more instant pot recipes, visit http://iprecipesfinder.com/