Instant Pot New York Cheesecake
Originating from 1300s, cheesecake has been one of the most classic desserts worldwide. Submerging in the West, this squidgy dessert has everyone’s taste buds tingling! Cheesecake is fit for different occasions including birthdays and anniversary dinners. It is one of the most recommended deserts in restaurants. Anyone who masters a cheesecake is known as a true chef and food enthusiast. Despite our efforts, we are unable to make the cheesecake firm enough to stand but soft enough to melt in our mouths. One of the easiest recipes found online include an instant pot cheesecake. It may sound strange as to replace your conventional baking oven with an instant pot, but this is one of the greatest achievements in culinary arts. So here’s how you do it
- 10-20 grams of graham crackers – ground them finely
- 3-4 tbsp of unsalted butter – melt it thoroughly, leaving no lumps
- Sea salt
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of flour – an optional ingredient
- 16 oz of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- Place the eggs, cream cheese and sour cream in the kitchen counter top for them to reach room temperature. Ensure this step is followed as it is crucial for success of a cheesecake.
- Ensure the melted butter also reaches the similar room temperature after melting.
- Ground your graham crackers. Make sure the crackers are fine and have no bits left in the powdery ingredient. You can choose a food processor or even the manual method of placing crackers inside a zip-lock bag and going to and fro with the rolling pin on them.
- The next step is to take the graham crackers in a bowl and mix them with a pinch of sea salt and brown sugar. The reason for including sea salt is its ability to enhance flavors of other ingredients in the dish.
- Add the flour here – remember this is an optional step based on the kind of crust you want. If it needs to be thick and crunchy, add the flour in this mixture prepared.
- Add unsalted butter that has come to room temperature. When adding the butter, you will notice that the whole mixture will stick together. This is the purpose of adding butter.
- Take your cheesecake pan and prepare it like you would for baking in a conventional oven. You can line it with 1 tbsp of oil and grease it with a brush. Then, place butter paper inside, ensuring all sides are covered.
- Place the graham cracker mixture inside the pan and press gently with a spoon to align everything evenly.
- Bake the crust at 325°F in oven for 15 minutes – this ensures a crunchy and thicker crust.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the cheesecake batter by mixing all ingredients and evening out any lumps.
- Once done, pour the batter onto the baked crust.
- Now, it’s time for the pressure cooker! Pour water into the instant pot and place a steamer rack so that it creates a height. Place your cheesecake pan on top.
- Let the cake cook on high temperature for 15 minutes and then release air naturally. This would take another 7 minutes.
For more instant pot recipes, visit http://iprecipesfinder.com/