Instant Phot Pho Ga
Also known as Vietnamese chicken noodle soup, it warms up the heart and it is very easy to prepare. It is a sweet and savory dish with simple ingredients that has won many hearts around the world. The noodles and the combination of ingredients make it a very delicious dish.
It consists of broth, chicken, noodles and garnishments. It’s easy to make and is very satisfying during the cold weather.
- 1 (roughly 3 ~ 4lbs) good quality whole free range chicken, (or 3.5lbs drumsticks + thighs)
- 2 medium onions (one yellow 241g, one white 249g), peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon (13g) ginger, unpeeled & cut into long strips
- 1 (36g) small bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15 grams yellow rock sugar or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 cloves
- ½ (3g) cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon (5g) coriander seeds
- 8 cups (2L) cold water
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fine table salt + more to taste
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) vegetable oil
- Medium banh pho
Garnishes on Noodles
- 1/2 small white onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro, leafy part
- 1 – 2 stalks green onion, finely chopped
- A touch of freshly ground black pepper
- Hard boiled quail eggs are optional
Herbs on the Side
- Bean sprouts (40g per person)
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Mint, Thai chili pepper, Thai basil, Hoisin Sauce, Sriracha
- First, we toast the spices. For that, we need 5g coriander seeds, 3g cinnamon sticks and 4 garlic cloves. Place all of these in a pressure cooker. Heat the pressure cooker up to medium. If you feel the fragrance of the spices, place the spices on a side.
- Now, we char the onions and the ginger. For that, we need 30ml vegetable oil, onions, 13g ginger and 1 garlic clove crushed. Keep the pot as hot as you can. Add 30ml vegetable oil such that the bottom of the pot is covered. Now, add 2 halved onions and the ginger in the pressure cooker. Char them without touching them for 5 minutes.
- Now, we pressure cook the chicken broth. For that, add 125ml water and de glaze the lower part of the pot with it. add the spices, sugar, cilantro, fish sauce and fine salt. Now add 875ml water. Carefully add the chicken. Further add 1litre water.
- Now, we prepare the garnish. For that, we need onions with thin slices, fresh cilantro, green onion and hard boiled quail eggs may also be added as an option. While the chicken is in the pressure cooker, slice the onions and place these slices in cold water for 15 minutes to reduce the pungency.
- For preparing the Banh Po, place dried Banh Po in a large mixing bowl when the pressure cooker starts releasing the gas. Add slightly salted boiling water in the mixing bowl until the dried pho is fully wet. Mix it. When the Banh Po are cooked drain them and place them under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Now, we strain the chicken broth. For that, transfer the chicken to a large mixing bowl with cold water. Strain the broth through a strainer and remove the fat with a fat separator.
- For seasoning the broth, bring the broth back to boil over medium heat. Taste the broth and add salt according to the need.When the chicken has cooled down, cut it into pieces and serve it
- Now, place the pieces in a a bowl. Add onion slices, green onions, cilantro, quail eggs (optional) and black pepper and garnishes. Add the hot broth and serve it.
- Eat and enjoy!
For more instant pot recipes, visit http://iprecipesfinder.com/