Instant Pot Potato Salad
A creamy, crunchy and a fluffy potato salad makes it an attraction for the crowd. The potatoes and the eggs are cooked together. This amazing mixture has an addictive taste no one will ever forget.
The factors making the dish more tasteful are the potatoes which are light and fluffy. The salad is full of flavors which are perfectly balanced. It causes sensation in your mouth unlike ever before.
The dish is full of crunchy bits whereas the potatoes are tender. A recipe good for picnics, lunches, supper and even tea time. Also, the ingredients are easily available in the pantry. A nice combination of ingredients are as follows.
- 4 cups cold water
- 3 1/3 lb russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) unseasoned rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fine table salt
Ingredients For Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large eggs, hard boiled & finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon (15g) whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) unseasoned rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 dill pickle or cornichon, finely diced
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 8 – 10 stems fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 cup full fat mayonnaise
- Firstly, wash the potatoes. Then peel them and then cut them into 1 inch cubes. Make sure the potatoes are cooked to the core completely and are consistent. Cut them as fine as possible. Try to cut the potatoes of equal size to get a better look of the dish.
- Add 2.5 tsp salt, 1 tsp unseasoned rice vinegar and add 1 liter cold water in the pressure cooker. Ensure that all of the potatoes are submerged completely in water. Add 3 large eggs on the top. Close the lid and pressure cook the mixture. Roughly, it will take 23 minutes for the potatoes and the eggs to be done. Open the lid and taste the potato cubes. If the cubes are larger, then they need longer time to cook. Let them cook for a longer time in the pressure cooker until they are completely done.
- While the potatoes and eggs are being prepared in the pressure cooker, prepare the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl. Finely chop the required ingredients and place them separately. Each ingredient in a separate bowl.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, cool them slowly. Gently, Place them on a tray . Season the potato cubes by adding 30 ml apple cider vinegar while they are hot. Let the potatoes cool down for 30 minutes. Don’t cool the potatoes quickly. Cool them slowly. Also, finely chop the hard-boiled eggs until they are cool to touch.
- Now, prepare the dressing of the salad. In a large mixing bowl, add 1 cup mayonnaise, the finely cut ingredients, the finely chopped hard-boiled egg, 1 tbsp whole grain mustard, 1 tbsp rice vinegar and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Add all of these one by one in a big bowl. Mix them well with the help of a spatula. Gently, add the potatoes quickly in the mixture with the help of a spatula.
- Taste the salad and season it with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Serve the potato salad in your favorite dish.
- Eat and enjoy the salad and also serve to your friends!
For more instant pot recipes, visit http://iprecipesfinder.com/