Instant Pot Yogurt
Yogurt is one of our essential sides when it comes to food. Whether we’re dining in with delicious curry or having a light snack, yogurt is absolutely necessary. Adding just the right flavor of sweetness to any recipe, yogurt becomes one of the top ingredients to cook continental cuisine. From frying chicken wings marinated in yogurt to preparing curry with yogurt, everything becomes juicy, tender and delicious!
Yogurt is a probiotic; which means it contains bacteria which is good for your health. The bacteria in yogurt improves any stomach, bladder or intestinal issues a person may be experiencing. Yogurt also promises healthy skin, hair and a sweet aftertaste. People eat plain yogurt with sugar or even simply without adding anything. Yogurt can be used to make sauces, desserts and even drinks. There’s no beating yogurt!
The best thing about yogurt is its ability to be prepared at home. That’s right! You don’t need to head out every time you need a sweet taste when you have yogurt preparing at home. So how do you do it?
- Yogurt Starter
- Water – if needed
- Take an instant pot and add as much milk as you would to thicken for a yogurt. Ideally, 2 cups are good enough to make sufficient yogurt quantity for a bowl.
- Once poured inside the instant pot, heat with pressure at 180°F – 200°F. The heat will cause bubbles to appear in the milk and enable thickness automatically.
- Once the milk is heated and thick, you have to cool it down.
- Deplete the heat pressure and let it come down to 105°F – 114°F.
- Once the temperature is down, you will see the milk getting thick like a paste and developing texture.
- Add yogurt starter and mix properly.
- As you mix, you will understand how much quantity of the mixer needs to go in. The more you keep adding along with stirring, the thicker it will get. Stop where you think the thickness has reached required level.
- Refrigerate after required thickness is acquired and strain if you see thick lumps appearing in the yogurt.
- 2 liters of whole milk
- 2 and 1/2 tbsp of Plain Green Yogurt with Active Bacterial cultures
- Pour the milk into the inner (small) pot of the instant pot.
- Place it over a water bath in the instant pot and let it heat for up to 180°F.
- This phenomenon will take 30-40 minutes and the heating will eventually lead to thickening and addition of texture in the milk.
- The milk will boil and reach to a certain thickness, similar to plain yogurt.
- Check the temperature, it should be over about 180°F.
- Pour in the yogurt active bacterial cultures and mix properly.
- Once done, the mixture will thicken and formulate what texture and smoothness is required.
- Strain if required.
- Refrigerate when you’re done with straining and you will notice the yogurt getting thicker.
Both of the recipes mentioned above can be used to make required yogurt in the quantity needed. You can also add artificial flavors when the yogurt is prepared.
For more instant pot recipes, visit http://iprecipesfinder.com/